Things to do

Monday, May 26, 2014



[+] haircut and highlights. It has been way too long since my last trip to a salon (like six months ago) and the horse's tail / washed-up seaweed look is no longer appealing. I have trouble getting my hair cut: I get nervous on my way to my appointments and end up getting the same two inches chopped off the ends every time, then grumble all the way home because I spent $60 and no one even noticed. Today, I bought a Groupon for a cut, style, and partial highlights - it's time for a change. Thanks to Pinterest I have a couple inspiration photos (bear in mind most of these are beautiful, shiny, WAVY styles and my hair is straight as a board.)

[+] take Eli to the dentist. Looking forward to this like a punch in the face, but it feels like one of those 'mom chores' where you do it, get it over with, then you're like OMG I WAS A GROWNUP FOR FIVE MINUTES! TREAT YO SELF! and you go to Joe Fresh and buy six new things because moms need treats too.

[+] paint some rooms. Or get them painted. I hate painting but it needs to happen in a few areas of our home and painting is a (relatively) easy, (somewhat) fast, (allegedly) inexpensive way to freshen up a room. I already want to delete this off the list, because painting sucks.

[+] book some summer fun time. Jamaica in April will be our big trip this year, but it would still be nice to have some little summer getaways to look forward to: camping, cottage, and weekends at the beach. We live in one of the most beautiful places in the world in the summer, so it makes sense to take advantage of some of the sights closer to home. Luckily we have a little beach bum who loves the ocean so he'll just need to convince his dad to take lots of beach trips.

[+] replace our patio table. We had a glass top patio table that got smashed on its way into storage last fall, so I've been keeping my eyes open for a new table to replace it. Barbecuing and eating outside is one of my favourite things to do when the weather's nice.

[+] organize photos from the past 3894270 months oh shit I'm a bad mom. Rainy day project? Let the record state: I effing hate organizing photos. Do we really need to do this, in this day and age? I mean, Internet.

[+] hit up the library. Yeah, I said it, hit up the library, sup librarian homies. I'm in need of some new reads. Suggestions?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I hear ya about eating outside - I have a huge balcony at my new place and I keep sitting in front of the TV at suppertime... Outside next time.

    I started to semi-organize pics, but have gotten lackadaisical about it.

    Book suggestions? I went to CBC Books and looked to see what there recommendations are. Picking up one of my holds today - 'The storied life of A.J. Fikry'. I'm reading 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed right now and it's really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utilizing our decks more often should be on my summer bucket list. We have a nice big deck off the side of our house, a deck off our bedroom and a front porch that get very little love. Don't ask me why, but last year we spent very little time enjoying them. I am really bad for sitting down and getting up within a few minutes to tend to a weed that needs pulling, or something that "needs to be done" and by the time I want to crash, it's usually on the couch in front of the TV. Womp womp.

    ReplyDelete