Stuff's been happening

Monday, May 20, 2013

I haven't felt like blogging lately. Nothing's wrong, and it's not a lack of having stuff to say, but posting has just been really hard. Finding the time to put a coherent post together is impossible and on my list of 100 things I should be doing, blogging falls somewhere around #29,234. Every time I start a draft, I read it over about two-thirds of the way there, and think, "but WHO CARES?" and it stays in draft-land, forever and ever.



I could write about starting my new job last Monday. It's going well so far. It's a LOT to learn, from in-depth stuff like the way the company operates and the science behind the products, to the things that are common to starting any new job, like learning how to operate the coffee maker and remembering everyone's name. I like it. I can't remember the last time I had so much new information to process, but it's all genuinely interesting and inspiring.

I could write about running the Blue Nose 10K yesterday - my first 10K race ever. I finished in 52:42 and am happy with that time. The weather was perfect: sunny but cool. The race was well-organized, the volunteers were awesome and the course wasn't anywhere near as hilly and scary as I'd been told.

I could write about today, which is a holiday and a complete and total write off. I went to the gym this morning and folded some laundry and those were the only non-lazy things I've done all day. It's cold and rainy outside, and while sitting on the couch semi-watching a baseball game I don't care about and looking at the Internet feels like a sinful waste of a holiday Monday, it's not like there's anything else I need or even particularly want to be doing. I rarely have an unabashedly lazy day, mostly because I don't enjoy being lazy.

I could write about The Great Gatsby, which I'm reading and loving. About the doughnuts I made yesterday (Cinnamon. Delightful.) How much I can't wait for summer: the beach, ice cream, tennis, fresh strawberries, bonfires.

I could...but I don't want to.

Back to the ball game.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Regardless of what you write about, I always enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Just need to get back into the groove, I guess.

      Delete
  2. What Jaclyn said! I get ya though. I've felt that way about most of my writing in general lately. MEH!

    Congrats on your Bluenose finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't want to do one of those posts where I apologize for being absent, although I guess that's what I kind of did anyway. Regardless, good to know others are feeling the same way!

      Delete
  3. This is exactly how I'm feeling these days. Nothing to say. Ugh. I hear you. It sounds like things are going well, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are going great, except for this never-ending writer's block slog. It sounds like a lot of people are experiencing the exact same thing right now!

      Delete
  4. Basically how I feel about blogging lately, too. Which is why I've kind of given up on my blog altogether. Who cares about my life? And why do I care about sharing it with the world? I think I prefer writing in a private journal these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it! I know I'll come around, but lately I've been so busy *doing things* that writing about it just feels like one more thing on the to-do list. Or maybe I have been too busy to even process my feelings, let alone write about them - it's just been go go go.

      Delete
  5. You hit the nail on the head, I think we're in the same boat. The last couple of months for me have been pretty hectic and you pretty much covered it all, new job, new routine, new recipes, home projects, company, exercising, road trips, planning, spring cleaning... Gah! I have so much to tell you all, but it just feels like it's old news!
    I hope it passes soon, because in just this half hour I've spent catching up on my Blogs, I feel relaxed and back to normal.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading and following along with blogs, but having trouble sharing my own stuff! It's probably only going to get worse as the weather gets nicer too.

      Delete