Sick, sick, sick

Monday, December 24, 2012


Couple of sickos. Pardon my zero makeup and penguin jammies. It's Christmas Eve morning, get on my level

Right on cue, just in time for Christmas, we're sick. I felt like low-grade ass all week which finally escalated to a sore throat at the end of the week and a full-blown old-man-smoker cough this weekend, coupled with the inability to sleep. What's worse than laying in bed, feeling feverish and bone-numbingly tired, and unable to fall asleep for hours?

Having a sick baby, that's what's worse. Eli has a runny nose, a cough, and some sort of stomach badness happening. The boy that often eats more than his mother picks at a clementine and a banana and then firmly presses his lips together and shakes his head 'no' when you try to offer him another bite.

I know it's just a cold and it has to run its course, but seeing Eli sick breaks my heart. I can't wait for him to have his appetite back, to be free of the sniffles and coughs and to be back to his normal self. Seeing your child sick, even with a cold, is scary and sad. It's only been a couple days but I miss his boisterous little boy antics.

All I want for Christmas is a healthy, germ-free household. Santa, you hear me?

Related: HOW is it Christmas Eve already? We have a low-key day planned here - making cranberry sauce, Christmas playlists nonstop all day, one last trip to the gym before eating all the things tomorrow, and constantly monitoring the state of the turkey thawing (current status: still frozen solid, no pressure). Tonight we'll each open one gift and read The Night Before Christmas with Eli.

I hope you have a happy, healthy and fun holiday. Merry Christmas!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Aww boo. I had that at the beginning of December, and it knocked me out for six (!!) days. And the week leading up, the same. Symptoms are exact. I am still off my sleeping pattern and still have a teensy bit of cough/chest congestion. FUN. I can't imagine the added worry of your little one feeling just as yucky. I hope you're all on the mend very quickly, and despite your sicky-ness have a fabulous Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never get sick, but this is killing me!! And it's even harder to see your baby feeling like crap too. I have my fingers crossed we're able to ring in 2013 in good health.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are both feeling better now and that Christmas day wasn't too bad for you both. It's no fun being sick, looking after a sick kid, and trying to celebrate holidays all at once :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We spent this afternoon at the IWK to discover it's a virus, so we just need to let it do its thing and run its course. It's a doozy for sure. Hope you and Baby Bird had a good Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Awe, no fun! I know a hospital is the last place you want to be during the Holdiays, but you are so lucky to have the IWK close by, it's an amazing place. My family considered it a second home for 18 years, spent many Holidays there and sometimes months at a time with my sister.

    Despite the sniffles, I hope you had a nice Christmas!

    PS - From following your IG, I feel I've met you before. We totally could have crossed paths before, in fact, I'm sure we did. So familiar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be weird if we've met before! Who knows, we may cross paths in the future!

      The IWK is a great place. We were in and out in three hours, which isn't a short amount of time by any means, but given the horror stories I've heard of 7+ hour waits at hospitals in Halifax and the fact that it was Boxing Day and every kid in HRM is sick right now, it wasn't too bad. They have always been wonderful with Eli.

      Delete
  4. I hope you are all feeling better now.
    *side note* I haven't stopped by in awhile and Eli is so big and handsome now!

    ReplyDelete