Wants & Needs

Thursday, May 24, 2012

(via)

I want...
[+] to summer-ize our house. Lighter curtains, throws, and pillows in the living room, adding cushions to the patio furniture, swapping out the winter comforter for the summer bedspread...just like you change your wardrobe when the seasons change, it's nice to freshen up your house too.
[+] to find some healthy new recipes. I'm happy to throw together a salad for lunch every day from June through September, but the ol' baby-spinach-avocado-strawberry combo does get a bit stale after a couple weeks.
[+] a good self-tanner. It's time to break out the shorts and skirts but fish-belly white is not a good colour. A couple weekends ago I sweated my way through a bridal shower wearing opaque black tights because I wasn't ready to subject the masses to my blindingly pale legs. Any recommendations?
[+] to try this DIY workout top tutorial. I saw a lot of people at the Blue Nose running in loose racer-back tanks and they looked pretty comfy. Now I just need to find some old t-shirts I'm willing to part with and give it a try.

I need...
[+] to get my knee 100% healed up so I can get back to running. I have taken it really easy since the weekend and not run a single step, sticking to the elliptical, bike, and Nike Training Club app workouts. I'm starting to look for other races over the summer and fall. Definitely got the bug.
[+] to make a decision: bangs or no bangs. I just grew out my old bangs that I cut myself (oops) but now I'm seeing lots of cute bangs on everybody and am debating getting some more cut (this time by a professional).
[+] a high chair for Eli. His thunder thighs barely fit in his Bumbo anymore and he grunts tries to lunge out of it after about 10 minutes. I had hoped to get the IKEA Antilop high chair but it seems they don't deliver here - lame. I found these two instead: Mamas & Papas Juice and the Safety 1st Posh Pod. While they both cost a lot more than the Antilop, they have nice simple designs, the colours work well for a boy or a girl (because I'm going to pump out at least seven more kids YANNO and at least one of them is bound to be a girl) and look easy to clean. Sigh. Eli and his gear have already taken over our living room...guess the kitchen is next!
[+] to stop eating so much sugary floury stuff and eat more fruits and veggies and good things. AKA the photo above. Waaaah.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. if you're looking for salad combos, google "bittman's 101 simple salads." perfect for summer.

    for self tanner, i used banana boat's last summer and had minimal complaints. i just purchased l'oreal's based off of this review: http://www.thecreativityexchange.com/2011/05/recipe-for-the-best-self-tanning-lotion-2.html so we'll see how that goes.

    bangs in summer scare me... i sweat too damn much!
    good luck with the knee//high-chair//etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at that Bittman's page now...yum! Thanks for the links!

      Delete
  2. Have you heard of My Ikea buyer, they are based in Halifax and will go to Montreal to get your Ikea order for a small fee. I understand they will even get lightbulbs and they do returns too.
    www.myikeabuyer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was considering My Ikea Buyer - if your order is under a certain amount ($200 I think?) they charge a $50 surcharge on top of the shipping fee, so our $25 high chair is going to cost $75+ anyway. I considered just ordering a crapload of stuff instead to make it worthwhile...I still might do that :)

      Delete
  3. I was just having the inner-debate with myself on whether to keep growing out my bangs or to get them cut. Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it on good authority that bangs are a pain in the ass during hot weather so I think I'm going to wait till the fall!

      Delete
  4. Get this! http://www.target.com/p/Evenflo-Modern-High-Chair-300-Wembley-Black/-/A-13979825?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|13979825&CPNG=baby&ci_sku=13979825&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw= I have it and it's awesome! Cheap and modern looking but it does everything the big boys do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one! Decisions decisions :)

      Delete